Saturday, June 30, 2007

No insurance! Scary!

It;s unbelievable how many Americans don't have health insurance. I am about to become one of those people, if I'm not already. And I've been reading horror stories about people who have accidents and end up being charged thousands of dollars that takes years to pay off. What kind of country do I live in where people have to pay money for being injured in an accident, just because their employer doesn't offer insurance and they don't make enough income to afford a private policy? I mean, I guess I understand the fact that we don't have free college education in America, but no free universal health care is preposterous. Whoever came up with a reason for this to be so must have also come up with the reason why we can't use electric cars instead of oil-propelled vehicles.

I'm literally afraid for my life here. By the way, I can't wait to see Michael Moore's new movie, "Sicko." I'm sure I'll have plenty more to say about insurance and health care after I've seen his film.

No comments: